View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
No_one
Kobold
Kobold

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-09-26

PostSubject: Veronica - Aspiring   Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 am

The night was dark. No moon was visible. Perhaps there was a moon but it was the dark moon. His unholy darkness spreading across Ansalon only aided her mission. Ronnie stuck to the deeper shadows, they were easy to find. Her cloak fluttered around her, making it seem as if some creature of night was to take flight. Perhaps she would. A lone man rode along the road headed to Solace presumably. His packs were full and so she knew he had traveled a long time and alone. The man was of decent build and had the look of a smith or some physical laborer. His head hung as he leaned over the saddle wearily. She grinned to herself. Too easy. Quickly she struck, before he or his steed could realize what was happening. She flew like the wind and with her strength, agility, and skill.. none could stop her.

She took her time after he was dead. The horse lay motionless in the waters beside the road. Close.. she was close to home. This one was hers though. What was left of the man was taken and put into a shallow grave. The cemetery had a new resident. She left the horse to the vultures. Her skill was growing... her power with it.

She had vanished... but she would return. Just like him. He came for her.. and now... she smiles to herself. Now we will see what happens when I am his right hand. She had no idea. King.... she laughed... I will be Queen! With this thought in her mind she made her way back to her home, escaping the revealing light and going to her rest. Soon she would awaken... and become his ... rightfully his. Beloved.
Back to top Go down
No_one
Kobold
Kobold

PostSubject: A humble request   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:46 pm

She enters the temple and approaches the throne respectfully. Going down to her knees before it she bows her head in reverence.

"My Lord, I come before you to ask a boon of your blessings. You know my goals. In order to obtain those heights, I must have more time in which to train. It is within your power to allow me this if you so wish it. I cannot begin to assume your wishes but I have gotten the feeling that you derive pleasure from my growing power. Allow me to bear the brightness and I shall not disappoint you. Growing more skilled than any before me. I will prove my worth. You know this."

After her plea, she remains there for as long as it takes to receive a response from him. In her heart of hearts, she anticipates his arrival, knowing he hears her call.... and a silent prayer goes up to feel his touch once more.
Back to top Go down
No_one
Kobold
Kobold

PostSubject: What came before....   Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:32 pm

The half-breed girl was cast out of her home. The only place that she knew to be safe. Until this day .. it was. She had returned from picking fruits in the orchard only to find that her Master had been relieved of his property rights. He too, had been cast out from the land and was lucky to leave with his life and his family. Because he had nothing more for her to do, and no coin with which to keep her, she was told to leave. The new Master of the property wanted her punished for stealing what was now his fruit. Quickly she stuffed what she had on her in a bag and took to the woods. Waiting until the dark of night she stole back to the farmlands and procured a donkey for herself. The animal was her friend. It trusted her. She road hard, as hard as the animal could manage, though seemed fast enough to a small girl. Through the night and several more days she made her way across the lands. She managed to rest during the day mostly and took what she needed in the night. She had no coin and no one was going to hire a child for wages. In order to survive, she did what she must.

Months later she found herself growing very thin, though she had gained some muscle through her explorations. The night with which she walked, was also the playground of many dangerous creatures of the land. She dreamed of a city. Some place that she could have full access to whatever she needed and was protected from roaming bandits and other creatures of the night. Her stomach sunk in and growled violently. She grew weary and sick, the hunger pains sweeping over her and causing her to sleep it through. Only this time.... she would likely not awake. Things were dire.

Her blessed donkey had fared much better, having all of the grass he could eat ready at his feet. He sensed her demise however and somehow managed to find other folk. He approached the gate of a city. He could smell the briny sea on the air and somehow knew that she would prosper here. Perhaps there would be a place for him too. He missed oats. The guards at the gate were somewhat aloof to the predicament of the slumped over girl until the donkey came closer and began nudging them. Seeing the child in dire straights, they took her to a healer and the animal to a local horse master. Weeks passed without him seeing her until finally one day, she came. She looked much better, even smiling. She was pink and fresh and full of life. No longer as thin as she had been. His ration of oats was small but at least he had that... and her.

Ronnie, as she came to be known, began working for a local mistress of regal bearing. The woman had taken pity on the child and offered her a place as maid in her household. She was a strong woman.. of body, of mind, and of will. Ronnie did not disobey her. Mistress Verlaine was once married to a Merchant Lord.. unfortunately, he had recently passed on. She was left to run the household and the commerce he had created. She often sent Ronnie out with messages and the like to the docks, ship hands and captains awaiting orders for their next voyage. There was a fleet of vessels from which to choose, but Mistress Verlaine hired only the best.

The girl began to grow into a privileged youth, the Mistress having become fond of her, and treating her as the daughter she never had. Ronnie was no longer made to clean or do menial chores about the estate but still took much pleasure in the business end of things. She had come to know the shipmates quite well and enjoyed their company on rowdy nights of their leave. She frequented a local tavern and spent much of the night time carousing with those of a lower class. She felt more comfortable with them. Like she could be herself.

On one such night, a man came into the tavern and though the place was crowded, Ronnie noticed him right off. He was different. He walked with an uncanny grace, almost as if he floated amongst the crowd, making his way to the bar. After ordering, he took his place in a darkened corner.. alone. There he sat for what seemed like hours and simply watched the patrons. He ate and sipped his wine casually but his eyes would on occasion flit across the young woman's visage. She was small, compact if you will. Barely reaching five feet tall and coiled like a spring ready to launch from a broken wagon wheel. She was alert... smart. Her time in the city had taught her well it seemed. She masked her natural talents well, laughing and cajoling the rowdy men around her. They seemed to respect her and genuinely like her. He watched her when she was otherwise unaware. The time would come.

A year or so later, she was heading down to her usual haunt, after a day of shopping with the Mistress. Her trusted companion still allowed her to ride him, though he grew old. She was still small so did not present much of a problem for him. He was always so trusting and loving. Suddenly he neighed and trotted to the side of an alley. He was sniffing and snorting, his tail swashing this side and that. Something was there.. something not right. Quickly Ronnie hopped down and drew her favorite knives. There would be no thief to take her this night. The tavern was just out of sight.. just out of her voice range should she yell. She smacked the animal on the bum and sent him off into the night, presumably to find his way home. They would know something had happened when he returned without her.

The shadows moved, twisted and swirled, it crawled down the wall of a building then to the cobbles beneath her feet. She hopped back smoothly and struck out above the strange dark patch. There was laughing ... a low husky chuckle.. just behind her! Quickly she swung around, slashing viciously with her twin blades. Nothing was there. She turned back yet again and a man stood there. A swarthy fellow with fine clothes and an amused twinkle in his eyes.

"You will do. Yes my dear.. you will definitely do" he said with a crooked smile. He was gorgeous, charismatic and she found herself lowering her blades to watch the way he moved. She was instantly drawn to him, an unnatural force urging her forward as if he beckoned to her. Slowly she inched closer, watching him cautiously.

"What do you want with me?" she asked softly, her voice firm but her curiosity getting the best of her.

"I have come for you. It is time. I have watched you for a long time my dear and the night has come to claim you as its own. Come with me and know all of your desires. Have all that you could dream of. You know I speak truth. You have felt the call of the shadows for most of your life. Answer it Ronnie. You will not be disappointed. I promise."

She looked at him with incredulity. How did he know her name. How did he know her use of the shadows. She was already wary of course but her entire being seemed to cry out with joy. Finally she would be given the gift. She would walk in shadow truly, even when it was but high noon with little shadow to provide but beneath her feet. She stowed her blades and reached out for his hand. "Show me" she nearly pleaded.

His hand slid across her palm and twined their fingers together. "I am Amranithe Silversword. I am your teacher." Together they vanished, melding into the night, disappearing into the misty alley, never to be seen again in that city.

Back to top Go down
No_one
Kobold
Kobold

PostSubject: A Test of Faith   Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:53 am

She sat atop a hill far to the east of her home. Hundreds of miles.. it seemed like thousands. He could find her here if he wanted to but she knew he would not come. She sat amongst the corpses she had created. They were a small challenge, making her use all of her skill.... but rarely did they manage to strike her. The horizon was lightening and still she sat. There was no where to go. Surrounding her was mountains and desert. It began to snow. Small flakes lazied about and fell upon her hood and cloak. She looked down at her bare hands and rubbed her palm with the other thumb. She smiled to herself and looked eastward. She longed to look west to her home but knew that she must put her trust in him. He would not betray her. This was a test.

On she sat, waiting. Finally the sun crested the line of the earth and sky meeting and began to warm her. Still she sat and waited. She stared into the distance, silently, almost in a meditative state. The sun rose higher as the day began and people woke to their chores. It was a new day. A blessed day. How little they knew of the blessings that could be theirs. She would show them what true power meant. They would come to know her face. Grown men would tread in dark places and tremble with fear should she come to call. Women would tell their children stories of a night stalker that would come and take them away if they were bad.

She chuckled softly to herself. Oh how they were wrong. She no longer needed the night, though it was her greatest comfort. Well.... other than his deadly caress. Her ascension would continue until the day he claimed her as his beloved. She shivered at the thought, despite the warmth from the sun.

Last edited by No_one on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
No_one
Kobold
Kobold

PostSubject: A Test of Faith   Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 am

Ronnie, waiting for morning.
Back to top Go down
No_one
Kobold
Kobold

PostSubject: A closer look   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Back to top Go down
No_one
Kobold
Kobold

PostSubject: An encounter   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 pm

The darkness swirled about her. The mist danced through the air and brought goose pimples to her flesh as wisps traveled over her. Fire erupted and blackness grasped. Searing heat and unbearable pain. Exquisite. Her mind was lost, along with the rest of her. Pressure and feathery light approaches. Moisture and yet a rough slickness. Piercing wails and feral growls. Teeth and nails and skin. She lost her ability to comprehend. All feeling, all emotion overcame her. Tears and gasps, writhing. Mingling. Heightening. Eternity stretched out before her. She could not bear it. Time was nothing. There was only now. And now.... she was more. She was less. She was nothing. She was everything. At long last the blackness claimed her. Eternity would wait for now. Clinging to a small thread of herself... she slept. Slowly she began to recover and her mind came back to her. Her heart was no more her own. Never again would she be alone. Time would heal her body, that which she could barely move. Nothing could cure this other thing. This all consuming obsession. She was lost.... and yet not. The darkness swirled about them.
Back to top Go down
No_one
Kobold
Kobold

PostSubject: Touching another   Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 am

She sat and waited. She seemed to do this a lot lately. The night was chill and she wrapped her cloak about her. She stared into the fire and waited. Why did I do it? I should know better. He is not dumb, he will figure it out. I suppose I could not resist pushing the boundaries. I never could. I must take care in this. Suddenly she looked up as he approached. He questioned her and she responded. He was worried. She thought of the waste lain to the port town and realized he must be on edge from that. He will still wonder. She said what she could to assuage his concern and confusion. She would not do it again. It was too risky. Touching another caused too many problems. The situation looked to be under control and so she took her leave. The temple was solid and comforting around her. She went to her place and knelt for her prayers. Bowing her head, she sought guidance and acceptance, and forgiveness. He would know. "I have come" she said to no one. She had promised she would. She did not break promises. She vowed to be more careful. He had asked her to. She would not betray him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veronica - Aspiring   

Back to top Go down

Veronica - Aspiring
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1