View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
quelunia
Sword Master
Sword Master

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Whats the Timeline?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:02 am

I am sorry I had a few months off due to work and noticed alot has changed. I keep reading about Paladine being gone. The last time I played here and knew the time line we had moved to 5 years after the Heros left the Inn. So, are we now to the time of the children of the Heros? This affects so of my character ideas.

Kelek the Dark - Lich servant of Chemosh
Derek Wolfe - Desert Stalker
Kaylock - Healing Hand of Mishkal
Adamant Smithson- Crown Knight of Solamnia
Back to top Go down
Lord Chemosh
DM
DM

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Time line Now is 19 year after the end of the war of the Lance. The KoT is know starting to make it self known and the DA wings are starting become less and less.

My name is Death - Music Video: My Name is Death (Final Destination 2)
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=my+name+is+death&qpvt=my+name+is+death&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=FD99D5F0AAAF15E299CEFD99D5F0AAAF15E299CE
Back to top Go down
quelunia
Sword Master
Sword Master

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Alright so, just out of curiousity the last 19 years that have past are not going according to the cannon timeline? If not what are some of the differences?

I was reading under the Paladin descriptions and realized Paladine isnt around anymore... thats what got me asking.

See Lord Arakias is still around and the official timeline of DL is that Tanis kills Arakias. So, I saw Arakias and that made me question the time line. Last time I played was earlier this year and we were like 5 years past the Heros leaving the inn. Also if we are 19 years after Palin would be what around 12 years old or so. I realize we are using our own time line I am just trying to get the right back story. I missed almost 5 months here with the harvest seasons.

Also Paladine wouldnt be gone untill after teh Greygem was unleashed by the children of Caramon right or am I all screwed up on my time line? The Silvanesti would have already begun rebuilding. Just trying to see if there is information available that isnt cannon but impacts the RP of those that know the timeline of the books

Back to top Go down
Hiddukel
DM
DM

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:50 pm

This will help clear things up I hope

Official Server Time Line Post Link
http://forgottenheros.forumotion.com/t1018-offical-server-time-line

Fizban

Hiddukel - The Prince of Lies

Chemosh - The Lord of Bones

"DM says your going to die! Roll a d6!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I

Back to top Go down
lilmarcat
Dragon Trainer
Dragon Trainer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Paladins is still around your just confused because Tim copies all of the source stuff which goes past our servers timeline. I.e. chaos war

Back to top Go down
Whatwhat
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-11-12

PostSubject: What casued the stalemate?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm

I know we are 19 years past the end of the War of the Lance, and end it ended in a stalemate.. sort of putting the world in a type of North Korea-South Korea detente. But What caused the stalemate?

So there are basic events that happened during the war of the lance that helped to define the war and gave us the Heroes of the lance.

The question now is, what ere the events that created our parallel time timeline. The original evens are as follows.

348 AC - War of the Lance Begins. Dragonarmies invade Nordmaar and Balifor from Sanction. Silvanesti brokers a deal to escape invasion.

349 AC - Silvanesti Betrayed. Dragonarmies attack the forest nation; the elves flee to Southern Ergoth. Speaker of the Suns, Lorac Caladon uses a Dragon Orb to stop the invasion, but corrupts the forest.

350 AC - The Dragonarmies are strengthened by captured nations.

351 AC - Invasion of the eastern border of Solamnia begins.

352 AC - The Whitestone Council. Representatives of remaining nations gather on Sancrist and forge an alliance agains the Dragonarmies. Dragonlances are rediscovered. The High Clerist's Tower survives an attack of the Blue Dragonarmy. Metallic dragons join the war. Highlord Ariakas is killed by Tanis Half-Elven.

353 AC - The War of the Lance Ends. The Dragonarmies are scattered across Ansalon.

and by 355 The White stone army and the Solomnics mop up the Dragon Armies.

The question now is what changed? The Metallics obviously joined, and the Dragonlances were recovered. I am only curious because it would affect what is known and what is not known by characters, would we Know Lauarana, Tanis? Is Sturm dead? Is Flint? Are they Heroes for what they have done?

I could make logical assumptions, but I would rather Know.

Sword Master
Sword Master

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 pm

I have gotten this much, that Tanis did not kill Araikias. So... I am gonna same everything from 350ac on is changed. I will await the answers, because I am intrested as well. The other things I would like to know is, did Raistlin enter the abyss? If the heroes didnt make it far enough along were they able to do enough to become heroes? Where any of the Heroes killed prior to the ending of the war that could change the cannon story? (such as if Tanis didnt kill Arakias, did he die before therefore meaning Laurana is childless or at least without Tanis child... Did Caramon survive.... Did Raistlin leave a room for Palin? These are all very interesting questions to me. As they also affect the future. And, for those wanting to play a diviner and trying to use lore... could it be possible to make notes of whats common knowledge versus whats obscure lore.

Back to top Go down
Whatwhat
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:47 pm

and what of The green gemstone man, Berem and his sisters ghost blocking the path? the temple is still in nereaka, so presumably the green gemstone man is still running around. or perhaps he is trapped in the temple under the water... that would make it so the queeen could not enter the world and thus claim total victory, and the companions could not seal the pillar and close her portal to the abyss, which is one thing (of many) that lead to her defeat.

DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Re posting this please read:

Official Server Time Line Post Link
http://forgottenheros.forumotion.com/t1018-offical-server-time-line
Back to top Go down
Whatwhat
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 pm

It has been read, it doesn't answer the questions we've been posting. All it does is give a vague sort of refernce to time. With out regards to the vents that caused the Dragonlance to be brpught back and then the subsequent events after that. In order for a parallel world to exist key events have to have turnd out differntly, leading to different outcomes for other events. We want to know what those events were. And what happened to cause a stalemate. Sort of along the lines of if albert einstein never created the theory of relativity. that would have halted another series of discoveries which would have stopped the creation of the atomic bomb, which in turn would have lead to world war 2 lasting at least two more years. what events happeend to casue the stalemate.

Sword Master
Sword Master

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 pm

As Kender Time travel they change events... Tasselhof did so along with Raistlin in differing timelines and there were many outcomes that could have been... or would have been. So a differing timeline for the server is within the realm of believe ability. What we are looking for is the history of this server we are in the dark on. There are events in the cannon of Dragonlance, that lead to other things happening depending on the timeline. There are alot of things I assumed(made an black hole out of you and me) happened... But, havent happened. When I asked in character if the role of Raistlin was open, I did not mean the character I meant the role... as in a mage that tries to bring about the end of Takisis and all the other Gods to supplant them. From all I can gather on what I am being told through the previous posts and the chats I have had this is my guess....

When I first started playing here the server was a week before advancing the timeline to the time the heroes left the Inn. So somewhere around 343-346 AC. From here, I played till it advanced to 5 years after but, I never heard of what happened to the cannon characters. Now its 19 years after the war... so I presume 372-375 AC. We are missing 30 years of the Lore of the server here. My main character Kelek, I played on a time zone few were on now, I am on when more are active... I would have known the Lore, He would now be 48 years old also.Many characters made prior to the champions leaving the Inn are now alot older. They also know alot more. Newer characters would be children of the servers Lore now. We are looking for answers to these missing threads.

Is it possible to post a overview of events that the server has done in the past that lead to the draw? Thats basically what we need to know. That and a modified version of what happened to the heroes.

For what I am guessing happened ... the Heroes leave the Inn between 343-346 AC
348 AC the war starts... Heros spread as they did throughout..
*continue Duers timeline*
352 when Tanis would have killed Araikias something changed here, also....
Raistlin would enter the Abyss ... ? What happened here? Carramon? Tanis?
Gemstone man? ... Did Tas get to go along ? How was the Dragon Queen freed?
Did the Gods of Ansalon become revealed in the order of the books?
If Raist entered and failed what happened to Dalamar? How did another get the
Planthus Tower? To many questions really but a simple over view of the server events that brought us here might help to fill in the void.

Back to top Go down
Hiddukel
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:27 am

I see what you mean now and what you like to see mapped out sort of speaking. I will make a time line Chart of events of what happen In this world of DragonLance. Just give me some time to get something set up in the tool set and then I can sit down and note what happened.

I can start a post and add to it slowly and just keep bumping it when gets added to.
Back to top Go down
quelunia
Sword Master
Sword Master

PostSubject: Re: Whats the Timeline?   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:23 am

Cool deal thanks Tim.