Forsaken Heroes of DragonLance

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Server quest ideas like to see in and rewards.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hiddukel
DM
DM

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Server quest ideas like to see in and rewards.   Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi there every body. I like to hear from the players and DM's alike about some basic quest ideas to be placed in the server ranging from basic low lvls to High lvls and some rewards ideas.

Please post here of what you got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Quest ideas   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 pm

1.A quest to find Mishakal's "blue staff" of healing, for clerics of Mishakal.
Cleric who finds it becomes High Cleric.

2. A quest to find Huma's Dragon Lance. Could be a general quest with the finder handing it to the Knights or could be knight specific. Reward? I'll leave that to you Smile

Back to top Go down
Draxoniss
Hill Giant
Hill Giant

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Quest ideas   Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:07 am

It would seem logical that quests be added for the recovery of the Dragon Orbs.
Or, the quest could be, for mage-type characters, to control an Orb.

Kobold
Kobold

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Server quest ideas like to see in and rewards.   Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:58 am

Quests are great, they are a fantastic way to get players to mix and RP, helping each other to learn about how the game is played. My concern with Quests that lead to an all powerful object is that the DM running the quest ultimately decides who will find the said Crystal staff / Dragon Orb / kender spoon of turning etc. And most times that person will be the buddy of the DM and very rarely a newer player and absolutely never someone the DM doesnt particularly care much for..
It has the potential to make very powerful players more powerful and that tends to make other players power build in an attempt to rival the uber powers created by any uber quest items..
Maybe if the quest items were made so that they gave powers that didnt directly benefit the user ( mass Heal spell or other party effect powers could be used )or at least didnt make them a more powerful build, that might help keep things fair and even.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Quest ideas   Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Your concerns are valid Kiri-Jolith Smile
But Mishakal's staff is a staff of healing - and doesn't grant it's user anything more powerful than that.
Huma's Lance on the other could grant the user more power. I should have been more specific in my suggestion. There is RP ongoing atm where a dragon lance and an orb are being sought for a specific purpose. Perhaps the use of the items could destroy them as happened in the books?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server quest ideas like to see in and rewards.   

Back to top Go down

Server quest ideas like to see in and rewards.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1