Forsaken Heroes of DragonLance

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Idea Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Idea Discussion   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:05 am

ok so no one really commented a lot about my idea to make the melee slam like attack to help melee characters have some possibility of a death attack since casters have them and we banned dev crit. again, i think we should do this because it sort of is unfair that mages and clerics can spam death spells and melee's have no death attack. i still don't and never will agree with dev crit because it is basically unlimited and thats definately not far and though mages and clerics can spam spells they still only have so many times per rest to cast them and can be disrupted which wastes a cast each time they get disrupted. so what i proposed what sort of like a smite attack, it does heavy damage no matter what but it also has a dc chance to instant kill like finger of death or implosion. if the victim fails the save then they die but if the succeed then they just take a lot of damage. each melee would get this item by requesting it from a dm and it would only be 1/rest use, at least that is my opinion on uses. whether or not a class is considered melee will sometimes have to be voted on in rare cases i would think but generally its not that difficult to tell. some watching of the actual pc may have to be done to see if they really are or are not a melee character. 1 way to consider it would be that if they can cast a death spell or have any means of a death like attack then they do not qualify for this item. the only issue with that i can forsee is monks who have quivering palm might complain because even though quivering palm is sort of a death attack it does not work on pc's of same or higher lvl or even monsters of same or higher lvl so even if you reach lvl 40 and you are fighting another lvl 40 then that attack is useless. an nwn screw up if you ask me. so discussion on this is definately needed so any feedback from dm's and players would be great. if the discussion goes well then i'll get this added to the mod as quickly as possible.

i was thinking about making a potion that heals like 200-300 hp players can buy. it will make healing a little easier since heal critical wounds potions basically stink and it will also not make clerics basically useless as full heals do. i could make this potion pretty fast and have it in as soon as possible if people are interested in this idea. as with the above idea, it needs to be discussed so feedback from dm's and players would be great.

there was some talk about a random polymorph item that people can use on each other. it would be much more than just a baleful polymorph scroll, lots more powerful really and likely a lot harder for players to get. what it would do is random polymorph the victim into many different possible things. it would not be permanent but would have a duration just like the baleful polymorph has. it would randomly choose from things like kender, elf, human, wolf, pixie, bear, dragon, horse and lots of others and depending on what is chosen the victim will be polymorphed into that. with this 2 things need to be discussed. 1) do i make it and put it into the game? and 2) what polymorphs do i use? the polymorphs used is a little bit on the picky side because without haks there are only so many actual polymorphs to choose from. here is the list:

WEREWOLF
WERERAT
WERECAT
GIANT SPIDER
TROLL
UMBER HULK
PIXIE
ZOMBIE
RED DRAGON
FIRE GIANT
BALOR
DEATH SLAAD
IRON GOLEM
HUGE FIRE, WATER, EARTH AND AIR ELEMENTALS
ELDER FIRE, WATER, EARTH AND AIR ELEMENTALS
BROWN BEAR
PANTHER
WOLF
BOAR
BADGER
PENGUIN
COW
DOOM KNIGHT
YUANTI
IMP
QUASIT
SUCCUBUS
DIRE BROWN BEAR
DIRE PANTHER
DIRE BADGER
DIRE WOLF
DIRE BOAR
CELESTIAL AVENGER
VROCK
CHICKEN
FROST GIANT MALE AND FEMALE
HEURODIS
JNAH GIANT MALE AND FEMALE
DRAGONKIN
WYRMLINGS RED, BLUE, GREEN, WHITE AND BLACK
GOLEM AUTOMATON
MANTICORE
DROW MALE AND FEMALE
HARPY
BASILISK
DRIDER
BEHOLDER
MEDUSA
GARGOYLE
MINOTAUR
SUPER CHICKEN
MIND FLAYER
DIRE TIGER
ANCIENT RED BLUE AND GREEN DRAGONS
VAMPIRE MALE AND FEMALE
SPECTRE
RISEN LORD
MIMIC
HUMAN CHILDREN MALE AND FEMALE
LIZARD FOLK
KOBALD ASSASSIN
WISP
AZER BOSS MALE AND FEMALE
RAKSHASA MALE AND FEMALE
STONE GOLEM
DEMONFLESH GOLEM
MITHRAL GOLEM
BOAT
EPIC MINOTAUR
EPIC HARPY
EPIC GARGOYLE
EPIC MANTICORE
EPIC BASILISK
EPIC DRIDER
WINTER WOLF
EPIC KOBOLD ASSASSIN
EPIC LIZARD FOLK
EPIC DROW MALE AND FEMALE

if other things were wanted then it will take me some time to make this item if we choose to go with it because i will have to basically make the polymorphs from scratch and it won't be all that easy. i can also make a version for just dm's that the dm's could actually select the choice from to use as punishment or pranks or whatever if we decide to not have it as a player item.

i am going to be looking into some spell modifications and some of the stuff planned out so far is to make true seeing not spot stealth characters automatically but instead uses a see invisible spell with a +20 spot bonus. going to try and make heal spells and mass heal spells hurt undead pc's while harm spells will heal them. potions and scrolls would act the same way i am hoping when done with that. the ones i'd like to discuss are dc raises to certain spells like flesh to stone which nearly never works cause the dc is just too low and durations and damages from some spells. if you have an opinion about any spell then i want it mentioned so it can be discussed. i can't promise anything with these spells. playing with spell files takes time and patience and if you screw them up then it can really be a pain and some things i simply can not do also. i'm not a master scripter afterall but i can do quite a few things. any feedback on any of these ideas by dm's and players alike would be really great because the sooner i know if any of it is wanted and how its wanted then the sooner i can make it and add it to the game.

Back to top Go down
Unnamed
Kobold
Kobold

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Idea Discussion   Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:24 am

YES YES YES to the Fighter Slam idea, as i said last time, anything that makes a fighter have a FAIR chance against mages is good.

As to the polymorph idea,, in principle yes.. but some of the options are not DragonLance and i would be sad to see them added.
Super chickens and Drow and Vampires and Boats ? ? anything else that is not DL would get my vote to be removed from the list. i would also remove dragons and epic morphs..

Just my opinions and as ever DMs should throw their thoughts in to the mix
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea Discussion   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:21 am

Heal idea is good.

One shot death blow is a good idea, maybe it could be based on the number of "melee" levels + strength -10 or something like that to.

Werewolves are another that arn't in DL.

Heal/harm for undead is a very good idea, it's also important to make sure that negative damage weapons heal undead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Idea Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1