View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alphabook
Dragon Trainer
Dragon Trainer

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Quest for the Bloodblade   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:54 pm

After Xandra's last battle in Caregoth, she is more than determined now to stop Champagne and her plans. The Bloodblade she has been instructed with a few others, must be forged from a mithral great sword with a ruby in its hilt, and must have a ritual performed by the mages of the tower to forge it with its two other key components. It is the other two she is not overly happy about. The first is the yolk of a golden dragon's egg which must be collected by a person of a pure heart. The other is a vessel of holy water from the temple Mishakal, which must be gathered by a person of a dark, corrupt heart. Time is running out so Xandra will be making her way to one temple she knows she can enter more easily than others... Off to Xak Tsoroth she goes!
Back to top Go down
alphabook
Dragon Trainer
Dragon Trainer

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Quest for the Bloodblade   Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:39 pm

After going through the swamps, through the plaza of the dead Xandra emerges and approaches her target, the ruined temple of Mishakal. She mutters under her breath about having to do something with no compensation when she hears a voice in her head:
" I have given you eternal life, this is merely a small thing i ask of you. If it is too much I can always take it back.."

After hearing a very familiar laugh, she pauses and continues on, her "compensation" has been given to her it would seem in advance. Xandra walks up to the doors of the temple bracing herself for what is about to happen.. She grinds her teeth as the pain hits her whole body at once,she swallows down a scream of agony as she had to before, which was not that long ago. She goes to a wall and takes a moment to recover her bearings as the pain slowly fades. Blinking Xandra tries to recall where she saw a source of water, she listens as members of the black dragon army wander about. She slowly starts moving, ignoring their presence as she makes her way once again through the temple, and once again they can care less of a cloaked stranger walking about in the ruins. She walks by a room that has one thing that Xandra always likes: treasure. Well, a small detour cant hurt right? But after searching all that is found is a few golden rings, a gem or two, and a small silver statuette of whom Xandra believes to be Mishakal. She puts these all in her bag, but winces when holding the statue which seems to be a blessed item. Quickly she hurries in case the Dragon army becomes more interested in her wanderings.

It is on the second floor where Xandra after fruitlessly searching falls through a weak spot on the floor. As she stands back up and brushes herself off she see a very startled man wearing the robes of Mishakal before her. His robes also bear signs of wear and tear. He gathers himself and is about to ask Xandra if he can help her when he realizes this is not a person coming for salvation, or who would even offer it. But Xandra is paying him no attention, she sees a small shrine behind the man, with exactly what she needs: the blasted holy water. The priest stands in her way as she tries gather some of the holy water proclaiming that taking even such a small amount may break whatever small influence the temple still possesses. She listens with boredom and irritation as he goes on about how he and a few acolytes have remained in hiding to still serve their beloved deity. Xandra with a sigh, makes an offer:

"Very well old man, I see you require some form of compensation. Here, I found this upstairs of your...temple maybe this will help some."

She hands over the Statue of Mishakal she found, glad to be rid of the holy item either way. All of a sudden the man opens his arms as he hugs her, thanking Xandra for her kind act. With a forceful shove she removes the man from her, bloody hells even the thing touching her hurts! Xandra then demands the holy water in exchange,which at this point the priest is more than happy to oblige. But he is at least cautious of this woman before him, she is unnaturally strong, and even those of a dark nature don't shy from anything divine like she does. And he also notes that all hes scratches and cuts from her fall are healed. He reluctantly asks why she requires holy water and why she didn't just go to another temple that was still in full power. Xandra tells him briefly of the problems of Champagne and the troubles Caregoth has faced. With holy water safely in her bag, Xandra tires of her encounter here and demands the man show her a way out. He kindly obliges, and shows her a hidden passageway that he and the other priests have secretly been using. He tries to put a few small blessings on Xandra before she departs, when she growls in pain and anger at him. Stepping back the priest is afraid and confused, but in his concern all he can say is "Thank you for your kind act miss, despite your own predicament of your soul, I see a goodness in you. I shall pray for you, yes. I will do all in my power to help bring you back to the light!"

"If you wish to help me priest, then please don't. I have made my choices, and even you could not help me.." Xandra says with a wicked grin. She leaves the building, not looking over her back yet she feels the eyes of that stupid man on her the whole time. Clergy are all the same, she thinks. On her way back home she feels the presence of something warm, gentle, and kind in her head. It seems another god is watching her now too. Great, just freaking great, once this sword is done and this threat eliminated, Xandra intends to find a way to not be so interesting to the damned gods, both good and evil.
Back to top Go down

Quest for the Bloodblade
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1