Forsaken Heroes of DragonLance

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sloth
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:17 pm

There have been some questions in game as to how someone can tell whether a player is undead or not. For all intents and purposes there are two types of undead.

NPC Undead:
These are the rank and file beasties that spawn and try and kill you. Those are easy to identify. Anyone can look at them and say "Yup. That's an undead alright."

PC Undead:
These come in two forms. Liches and vampires.

Liches:
Should you see a lich's face you would know it was a lich. It's a walking, spell casting skeleton. Should they be hooded or such then I would say that they couldn't be identified unless you saw their skin, or at least where their skin should be.

Vampires:
Trickier to identify than liches. Chemosh has given them the outward appearance of life to make them more useful (spying and such). They do not "smell" like undead or have an "undead look about them".

You can identify a vampire when they are doing vampire things:

1) Should you catch them drinking another person's blood you would be able to say "Yup. Vampire."

2) Should they assume their vampire form then you would know they were vampires.

3) From what I hear in one of the upcoming updates vampires will begin to take damage from the sun. If your buddy steps outside at high noon and goes "FWOOSH!" in front of you then they are most likely a vampire.

4) Mass heal is also a good way to detect undead. BUT... "testing" a vampire in this way would be a hostile act and as such the caster would be bound by the PvP rules.

5) Food. Vampires can eat food but they probably wouldn't. It'd taste like ash and they would draw absolutely no nutrition from it. It would be like you or I eating ash. We could get it down, but we certainly wouldn't like it.

6) Turning. From what I have seen on the undead skins, turn undead should work against PC vampires. As with mass heal, hostile acts require PvP rules.

Other than that, asking the other person through OOC tells would be a good way to work out whether you would find anything out.

Your character can "suspect" whoever they want to suspect. However they don't "know" unless the above mentioned criteria are met.

Crystal_flowers
Kobold
Kobold

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:53 am

// On the vampires.....I have a couple of goofy questions here on this subject if I may please? What you have stated is good, and thanks. I have a couple others though please?

1) What about them having a problem with their "reflection"? Do they cast one?
2) What about "garlic" do anything, or not?
3) What about a "holy symbol" they are cool with the "gods of light"?
3) Are they a "regen" type creature like a "troll" if so does it take a: "wooden stake" through the heart, or be-heading, or fire to kill them?
4) Are they able to shape change into creatures of the night: bat, wolf, etc.?
5) Do they have any form of hypnotic type powers at all?
6) Do they have to rest on thier native soil say in a coffin or box to rest?

***// I know goofy I know just curious though?

PostSubject: Re: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 am

Are they attracted to horrible looking girls with terrible acting skills?
Back to top Go down
alphabook
Dragon Trainer
Dragon Trainer

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Matt Attack wrote:

do you mean mimes, or even worse....clowns?! Oooh i hope not, for they are the scariest of them all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Clearly my joke was missed.
Back to top Go down
Hiddukel
DM
DM

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Xandra wrote:
Matt Attack wrote:

do you mean mimes, or even worse....clowns?! Oooh i hope not, for they are the scariest of them all...

I think he is talking about the movies. ... Cant rember the names .... You know the ones where the vampire is all shinny in day light. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Clion Kilnor
DM
DM

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Twilight movies...

OMG I know that... sheesh

Back to top Go down
alphabook
Dragon Trainer
Dragon Trainer

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Uh..warning. Magi Cain think making the vampires "shiny" would be funny, and doable. Our worst enemies would no longer be Paladins or Priests of Mishakal, but the kender chasing us and yelling "shiny person, gimmie gimmie!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.   

Back to top Go down

Undead Identification 101 - From the desk of Chemosh.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1