View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Purplette
Goblin
Goblin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Irritation   Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:11 pm

ok, not sure where you guys are at with the builds and suchlike in the world, but I respectfully request that either the dragon armies are all hostile and can be treated as such, or all neutral.

Not showing hostile and turning on a char in mob without warning is getting to be a PITA and is not conducive to enjoyment of play.
Back to top Go down
Houd Glittergold
Troll
Troll

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: irritation   Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:57 am

1)Can you give us an area/date that this happened in?(he might have resolved it already)

2)Can you give us the characters name you were logined on? (so we can check alignment/deity/class issues?(in beta I had probs with LE monk with Monk npc seller... things happen)

(PS if you can email it to Hiddukel as he knows more about how he wants the factions set)

And !
Thank You!
Back to top Go down
Purplette
Goblin
Goblin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: two locations   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 am

White Rage River cut - the red dragon archers that spawn on the upper bank, and Sageway East, all of the dragon types that spawn in that area. White Rage occurred Jan 13, Sageway was a few days before that. Both incidents with Selaria Kilnor, CG.

hth
Back to top Go down
Hiddukel
DM
DM

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Irritation   Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 am

I have fixed the Dragon Army as well as other faction to attack on sight depending on your aliment.

Example Dragon Armys NPCs will attack Good players on sight. Same with Good NPC attacking Evil players on sight.

Neut chars, like LN TN CN wont be attacked by ether side Until you attack them first.

if you find some NPC that are not attacking (and know they should be) let me know. Its a simple fix to do correct it

if can list

the Map
the NPCs

for me i can fix em quick
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Irritation   Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Is there a way for factions to be actively selected by the player?

At the end of the day how would the Dragon Army or the Solamnics really know the characters' alignment? Makes things a little more helpful for "sneaky evil" types who get their covers blown by an NPC.

Don't get me wrong. I understand why it is the way it is. I'm just wondering if there is another way to do it.

*has no scripting knowledge*
Back to top Go down
Hiddukel
DM
DM

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Irritation   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:09 pm

its a simple scrip i use on the NPC to attack good and evil on sight I can remove it. Why i have it on so LG example knight players don't break RP and attack first
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Irritation   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:41 pm

In the grand scheme of things it isn't "bad". It wouldn't drive me away from the PW or anything. Razz

All I'm saying is that if there were some way for players to choose a faction which the NPCs recognized, that might be a better way. Someone might "choose" to be part of the Dragon Army faction and the NPCs would act accordingly.

Perhaps if they chose a "neutral" faction make the Dragon Armies hostile and the Solamnics indifferent. *shrugs* Just my two cents on the matter. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irritation   Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm

i am going to resolve all of this quickly. first off, the reason these npc's attack out of the blue is because you hit them, maybe you do not realize you hit them but you did. you used an area of effect spell most likely that either hurt them or bothered them changing them to hostile faction for you so they attacked. to prevent that simply do not use area of effect spells around them. that being said, you can easily make factions for players to join, you need faction npc's somewhere around the start point that players can talk to and join said faction. the npc's would recognize you as a friend or foe based on the faction you are in, sometimes being neutral to a pc depending on the faction as well. this is definately a much better way than attacking by alignment for a few reasons, the primary one i think being that alignment does not necessarily represent the character or in other words, if so and so has a character that is lawful evil, so and so may only have the alignment to play a certain class and they might rp the character as being true neutral instead of lawful evil which would definately change the way npc's would react to that character. basically, doing it by factions will allow a player more room to play their character as they wish, being able to actually choose what npc's might attack them by joining a faction. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Irritation   

Back to top Go down

Irritation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1