View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hiddukel
DM
DM

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Idea's on how guild gear should be...   Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:27 am

Hi there folks...I was thinking on this for awhile about how guild gear should be set up and it hit me...I should really get feed back from every one that plays here. This is not my server alone its every person that comes here and plays.

Was talking to a few Players and DM's alike and was saying guild gear should not be a reason to join a guild alone just because one guild gear is better then the others.

With a new core on its way might as well start working on working the items more to fit a DragonLance world. Keep in mind DragonLance is a low magic Campaign world and I know we don't follow the books 100% story line wise.

So here a your time to speak up and say "Hey how this for a idea or maybe this?"

The most agreed on ideas will then be taken to the DM side and hammered out to final idea and results posted.

Example be like:

Armor and Weapons should be the only thing that separates guilds from each other. Being Guild gear is just a step above what can buy in shops. No extra items like boots, cloaks, belts, gloves and helms. Now if you want that them, the extra items be the same across the board exception be the skill +'s be different.

Monsters for the new core will be worked on to how the items are made. We keep low profile on items monsters wont be "OMG where all going to die!"

So again this your time to speak up let your voice be heard
Back to top Go down
Phantom27
Kobold
Kobold

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Idea's on how guild gear should be...   Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:10 am

I know I'm new to the server and I'm hardly on on top of that, due to real life stuff so not sure how far my opinion is going to go on this.

I've got to agree though, DragonLance is meant to be an extremely low level magic setting. Having just about anyone who is running about with a character also running about with demi godish armor is a bit ridiculous. Then again the same thing could be said for a lot of the potions and such I've seen in some of the stores around the server. I don't personally think armorments in general is the issue but maybe quite a few other things need to be looked into being toned down a bit?

For those that have read the books and know a good deal about DragonLance, and not the twisted/perverted form I've seen it become on many a server (you don't mix DragonLance with Forgotten Realms), you'd understand quite a few things getting toned down being necessary at this point. The only type of pc's that should be walking about with +5 and up weapons (just an example off the top of my head) are wizards and clerics, who in the DragonLance setting were extremely feared due to their unrivaled abilities, having everyone walk around with the same items that only those type of characters should be able to create purely out of their magical abilities is ridiculous. Some plain Joe Dragon Army soldier would think more than twice about mouthing off and out right attacking even a mediocre leveled wizard or cleric just in fear of what they could do to them.

Sorry, I know this was sort of rantish and even off topic a bit but I felt it needed to be said.

Lauristalis Di'reille ~White Robed Mage
Back to top Go down
Hiddukel
DM
DM

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Idea's on how guild gear should be...   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 am

Alll views are welcomed Dont feel bad.
Back to top Go down
loser_123
Troll
Troll

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Idea's on how guild gear should be...   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:07 pm

really, the one thing that sticks out to me is the amout off spell slot bonuses on guild gear. While it is nice it is a bit extreme making it a high magic mod as opposed to low magic. Another thing I noticed is all the save bouses on gear making more mage spells useless unless the player rolls a one. For example I played a paladin that had 70ish saves across the board.

I believe that save bonuses and spell slots should be toned down, but all the other gear is pretty well balanced. Maybe making all the guild gear even across the board. For example, seekers cloth armor is +7, DA cloth armor is +6, and bard cloth armor is +8. I don't know about the other guilds, but I'm betting it might be similar to that. I would also purpose setting elemetal resistance/vunerablity according to guild. For example red DA would have fire immunity, while having cold vunerability.

As far as DL being low magic environment, in the books that is how it is. But if all the gear is balanced I don't really see a need to follow the books magic setting to the T. Sure it might add some more DL flair, but it's all in good fun anyway. If you do tone down the armor and weapons I'd max it at +5 as that is the norm for most mods. I know clerics and mage are suppose to be hardcore, but if you make them too powerful you will lose other class combos.Those are my thought's anyway.

Last edited by loser_123 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phantom27
Kobold
Kobold

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Idea's on how guild gear should be...   Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm

If you're looking for a middle ground between the uber gear currently and something close to DL lore I could agree with Loser on this one... can't believe I just agree with him, eww.

Lauristalis Di'reille ~White Robed Mage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea's on how guild gear should be...   

Back to top Go down

Idea's on how guild gear should be...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1