View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hiddukel
DM
DM

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: New Race of Krynn?   Wed May 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Some may have seen the Char Draco walking around was seeing how Celestial and Half Celestial would work in Krynn All it is the appearance right now of Char with Angel wings.

Draco Brightblade wont be seen any more because the RP to bring him into Krynn was Stopped Sadly. Sad It may go on but i don't know. Neutral Up to the other person that was taking part and in RP to pick it back up again.

For right now Like to hear your thoughts of the Celestial races in krynn. Char / Race wise be three set of races One for Good Neutral and Evil.

And right now no extra ability granted just be for looks... and if all seem to be ok with most to all, Maybe make a Reward Char as a option for showing good RP... Or set up like a Dragon Char need a bio to play one.

Let us know what you think.

Fizban

Hiddukel - The Prince of Lies

Chemosh - The Lord of Bones

"DM says your going to die! Roll a d6!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I

Back to top Go down
Avalia
Hill Giant
Hill Giant

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-12-06

PostSubject: Re: New Race of Krynn?   Wed May 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Hiddukel wrote:

For right now Like to hear your thoughts of the Celestial races in krynn. Char / Race wise be three set of races One for Good Neutral and Evil.

And right now no extra ability granted just be for looks... and if all seem to be ok with most to all, Maybe make a Reward Char as a option for showing good RP... Or set up like a Dragon Char need a bio to play one.

Let us know what you think.

In my honest opinion..i wouldnt mind something like that.....BUT.... I think that for the requirements for playing a "Celestial Being" should be a character bio AND should have a good reason for being on Krynn and i mean a -good- reason... i honestly dont want to see a good bio and then a bad reason like they just wanted to see what was happening on Krynn.... not trying to sound harsh even though it may seem like it... but that is what i think personally....

.....Lest you meet Amadria.... then your soul will be doomed to darkness forever
Back to top Go down
Dontella
Tower Lab Assistant
Tower Lab Assistant

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New Race of Krynn?   Wed May 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Two thoughts -

1. There is already a character creation option for planar touched beings of half-fiends. These do not require an application and anyone can make them from the start.

Dragonlance is a world of balance, the struggle between light and dark. Logic says if one can be a half-fiend without application, then by contrast one should be able to be a half celestial without application as well. And half, whatever is decided for nuetral.

Keep the same standards for all, in order to present a unified system. Otherwise it looks like favoritism to those who are granted such things, and does not promote a system of fair play.

2. Remove Planar beings (good, nuetral, evil) from the racial options entirely. Krynn was a closed setting in terms of world travel, making it extremely difficult. These options are not in line with the Dragonlance setting and as such none should be available.

I won't bother getting into my personal opinions here.
Back to top Go down
Hiddukel
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: New Race of Krynn?   Wed May 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Dontella wrote:
Two thoughts -

1. There is already a character creation option for planar touched beings of half-fiends. These do not require an application and anyone can make them from the start.

Dragonlance is a world of balance, the struggle between light and dark. Logic says if one can be a half-fiend without application, then by contrast one should be able to be a half celestial without application as well. And half, whatever is decided for nuetral.

Keep the same standards for all, in order to present a unified system. Otherwise it looks like favoritism to those who are granted such things, and does not promote a system of fair play.

2. Remove Planar beings (good, nuetral, evil) from the racial options entirely. Krynn was a closed setting in terms of world travel, making it extremely difficult. These options are not in line with the Dragonlance setting and as such none should be available.

I won't bother getting into my personal opinions here.

I view this as Champions of the gods

I see your point on the option for right away choice I agree all can get it freely or remove or remove all three sides. and make them Bio only. Something to think about, And yes outer world travel IN DL Should be so hard to if even possible in the first place. So the Planer races will start removing and replacing with more DL races.

As for the Celestia debate I will see what others Say before go ether free to all or Bio only.

Fizban

Back to top Go down
Phizbizzlment
Kobold
Kobold

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: New Race of Krynn?   Thu May 03, 2012 7:27 am

I think it's a terrible idea. The only instance I would see this as having any use at all would be as a DM reward for exemplary RP. Champions of the gods... if that is the concept you are striving to achieve here, are far and few between.

I feel the same way about PC's playing dragons though. Perhaps I'm biased by the fact that I still see Krynn as a low magic world where these anomalies are not common.
Back to top Go down
mjohnson2011
Sword Master
Sword Master

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Celestrials   Thu May 03, 2012 7:37 am

Quote :
I view this as Champions of the gods

I see your point on the option for right away choice I agree all can get it freely or remove or remove all three sides. and make them Bio only. Something to think about, And yes outer world travel IN DL Should be so hard to if even possible in the first place. So the Planer races will start removing and replacing with more DL races.

Hard as it might be outerworld travel has is not in the realm of impossible, considering Khellendros, dragon mount of Kitiara uth Matar, is a dragon from another world where he was pretty much considered a small dragon despite his size on krynn.

Another example has pretty much been done already and by that i mean 'Orcs'

to quote the dragonlance wikia:

Quote :
Orcs in Dragonlance
There is some controversy regarding orcs in the Dragonlance. The 1st edition AD&D Dragonlance Adventures hardbound rulebook states that orcs do not exist on Krynn, with ogres and minotaurs largely replacing their typical role. Second and 3rd edition Dragonlance supplements also remove orcs from the world of Krynn. The main confusion on the subject has occurred from a few Dragonlance novels and/or adventures in which the writer has accidentally included orcs. In particular, the novel Kendermore by Mary Kirchoff, where one of the main characters is a half-orc. This has occurred with other iconic races of Dungeons & Dragons, such as drow, that are not native to the Dragonlance setting. Some suggest that the presence of orcs in Dragonlance can be explained through planar or space travel as Krynn is connected to other Dungeons & Dragons worlds (where orcs exist) through the Planescape and Spelljammer settings.

I am personally in favor of the celestrials coming to the server.

Kobold
Kobold

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: New Race of Krynn?   Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 am

Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's prevalent.
Back to top Go down
Hiddukel
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: New Race of Krynn?   Thu May 03, 2012 9:43 am

Phizbizzlment wrote:
I think it's a terrible idea. The only instance I would see this as having any use at all would be as a DM reward for exemplary RP. Champions of the gods... if that is the concept you are striving to achieve here, are far and few between.

I feel the same way about PC's playing dragons though. Perhaps I'm biased by the fact that I still see Krynn as a low magic world where these anomalies are not common.

being it 15-17 years after the War of the Lance Dragons are more common to be seen.

As for the "orc's" there being removed threw events IG there only a hand full ( about 1000 +/- a few) left.

With idea of Celestials Just adding a little flavor to the world. DL a very good world to use and build on.

Its not a completely off the wall. They Dont have a book on DL on how to handle the Astral Planes or Very good detail but really what exist and lives and dwells with the gods on there Planes.

Im mean there creatures in the DL bestiary book and revised have things that never even spoken of in the Novel's. And the Source book on Dragons for DL and many different types they never speak of in the Books.

If dont speak of them in the Novels does not mean it cant exist. Orc's Well that i felt was little far fetched. But Cant rule them out all the way.

We will doing out best to make this a more DL world. just wanting Feed back of Some races adapted to DL rules of the lands...And a Player Said that Balance.

As for be a Low magic the items are going be changed. ( Not so Badly just less Dmg and removing Keen) I just like build for a while before then start changing the items. Dont worry the Creatures will Change with them.

Fizban

Back to top Go down
Lord of War
Sword Master
Sword Master

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: New Race of Krynn?   Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:51 am

I like the idea of adding Celestials because there has to be the balance between Good-Neutral-Evil. Plus since you can play a half fiend its only fair to those who want to play a half celestial to have the option as well. Now for being a full Celestial I believe the bio for them has to be DM approved(just putting this out there so please don't hate me for this) but if we are gonna add Celestials we would also have to add demons/devils as well in my opinion. Also just a thought, why not add fallen angels to the mix as well because I would like to see how someone would play one because fallen angels could choose there path either back to there deity or choose another god/goddess to follow(although this would suck for clerics/druids/wizards etc. But again just fruit for thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Race of Krynn?   

Back to top Go down

New Race of Krynn?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1