View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sloth
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Map revealed in the cities?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Would it be possible to get the maps revealed in the areas like Solace? RP-wise I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to point you in the right direction so finding your way about should be easy enough.

I'm not talking about areas with beasties, but places like "North of Solace" and the "Solace Town Square" places.

Likewise, could we get some map notes on the merchants? For a new player it's a little hard to navigate around there without knowing where the markets and such are.

[/two cents] Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map revealed in the cities?   Tue May 04, 2010 1:28 pm

map revealing cities/towns/villages or whatever you wish to call them is possible to do. as for map notes, i'm certain that is going to be done but we are working as hard and fast as we can to do many things so bare with us please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map revealed in the cities?   Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:57 pm

there is a way to allow for a bought map to reveal areas, I would have to look it up again to refresh my self, but once I do I will post it and hopefully the devs can implament a kender selling maps in the local cities that will reveal the areas. It makes more sense than the area just being fully known off the bat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Map revealed in the cities?   Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:50 am

Alright s. here is what will assist, if it is added:
This is a VERY simple to use map system. Place this script on the OnEnter of an area (it can be added to current on enter scripts with little hassle). Then, set a string variable on that area with the name of the map.
After that's done, create the map item. Make sure the tag of it is the area name you set on the area's variables and the extension of "_map".
Example:
Area Variable:
Name: MAPNAME
Type: String
Value: Arminath

Map tag: Arminath_map

Then just give the map to your players any way you wish and every time they enter that area (or set of areas) the map will be revealed to them.

// This script will reveal the area for the player if they have the appropriate
// map.

// Created by Zunath on July 28, 2007

void main()
{
object oPC = GetEnteringObject();
string sAreaMapName = GetLocalString(OBJECT_SELF, "MAPNAME");
object oMap = GetItemPossessedBy(oPC, sAreaMapName + "_map");

if (GetIsObjectValid(oMap))
{
ExploreAreaForPlayer(OBJECT_SELF, oPC, TRUE);
}
}

~Caine

oh, also, before i forget, it is possible to modify your wish script to set a global variable on the char which uses your wish book, thus making the wish permanent and its effects appearing on the char when they log in, thus eliminating the problem of illegal chars or the need for leto, though leto would fix the skins glitch which seems to happen when using them with subraces. But, I imagine that there are a few things to work on before adding various nwnx functions for shyans and leto. Do let me know if you need any assistance with any of it, or if you need the actual maps of areas from the original pnp modules from dl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map revealed in the cities?   

Back to top Go down

Map revealed in the cities?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1